A House Full Of Monkeys

A House Full Of Monkeys

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Obviously, I have failed at keeping up with my days of gratitude.   So to be short and sweet, I will list 24 things I am thankful for.

  1. My husband
  2. My boys
  3. My family
  4. My friends
  5. Skype (finally back up and working, it was so good to see L)
  6. the life we have been afforded
  7. my swagger wagon
  8. health (many friends dealt with health issues this year, so thankful and blessed to have a clean bill of health)
  9. my new kitchen (even though I still do not love cooking)
  10. LJ's personality: stubborn, caring, and entertaining
  11. CJ's personality: calm and cool
  12. My boys' blue eyes: they get them from my mom, which I love
  13. My neighbors and neighborhood: having three little boys right across the street has been a Godsend
  14. That I had such an awesome group of students this last year, they leave me with many great memories while I put my career on hold.
  15. The public library: has saved me a ton of money, gives me a weekly outing, and has fostered LJ's love for reading
  16. I'm at my pre-pregnancy weight, now I just need to "tighten" it up :)
  17. My Army family: they are my friends, but they are family too.  My kids see many of them on a regular basis and have come to know them like aunts and uncles.  They keep me sane and understand the difficulties in raising kids in a military community.  So thankful for all the wonderful people we have met.
  18. My in-laws: once again family, but I do have to give them thanks.  I hear so many horror stories about in-laws, I am very lucky that I do not follow suit.  They are loving people that have accepted me as their own, and I am so thankful for that.
  19. Lego's: if all else fails, get Lego's out and I will have a busy three-year-old out of my hair :)
  20. The time I had with my mom: I had 21 years with my mom, and in that time I learned so much.  I am who I am because of her. 
  21. My husband's job: Although it can be trying at times like these, it has given me a greater appreciation for my country, the military, my freedoms, our history, and the time we have as a family.
  22. Facebook: on days where I do not talk to anyone but my kids, FB gives me the "conversation" I need to feel human.  I know, I know, there are phones...but with kids, the minute you get on the phone they NEED you!  I also love FB because I get to see photos and feel connected to my friends and fam on the West Coast.
  23. Going home for Christmas
  24. We are two months down, only 10 more to go :)
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!  Count your blessings and enjoy your day with family and friends.  We will be devouring turkey at a friends house, L had his turkey lunch yesterday with good friends.  Although we are apart, we a blessed to be surrounded with love.

0 comments: