A House Full Of Monkeys

A House Full Of Monkeys

Sunday, November 6, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude

A few friends of mine are taking the time to share what they are thankful this month.  I thought I would do the same, being that I have so much to be thankful for.  I am a little behind, so here are the first few days.

1)  Who are you thankful for? 
I am thankful for everyone in my life.  It is too difficult to pick one person.  I have learned so much from so many people (both good and bad).  My family and friends are the most important people in my life, I am thankful for all of them.

2)  The little things. What small things throughout the day make your life better? Name five
         1. LJ and CJ  (they are small)
         2. Skype (I get to chat with the hubby)
         3. coffee  (I can function)
         4. ability to work out (great way to relieve stress)
         5. Facebook (I get to "see" my friends every day)

3)  Name one thing you set your mind on doing, that you accomplished.
Going to college had always been expected to me, but the time period that I attended was difficult. I was dealing with an unexpected move and then later with my mom's illness.  I am proud of myself that I was able to continue and finish my degree (and also meet my future husband).

4)Your favorite place.
An easy answer would be Hawaii...you really don't even need an explanation.  My most favorite place is home with my ENTIRE family in front of the fireplace on a cold winter day.

5) Adulthood. What's the best thing about being a big grown-up?
Having my own family is the best part of being a grown-up.  Although it is the scariest part of being an adult, it is so cool.  It brings adventure and so many more feeling and emotions into your life, it can't be beaten.

  6)What do you appreciate in nature?
I have grown to appreciate nature more in my new home.  Our house backs up to a reserve, so we have trees that surround us and a river about 1/4 mi from our backyard.  I love looking at and listening to the trees, it is so soothing. 

0 comments: