but things are getting better.
It all started on our way home. We took a red eye and I was lucky enough to sit behind two frat boys. They were complete (for lack of a better word) douches. Here it is midnight and all I want to do is sleep and they are drinking and loud. Thankfully they did not wake LJ or they would have been having to deal with a grumpy mommy.
When we got home I was exhausted and LJ was ready to party. I decided I was going to turn on some Noggin and let him watch while I caught a few Zzzz's. We got situated on the couch, LJ dropped his water, so I crouched down on the ground to get it. When I reached for it I noticed a mouse under the couch. I screamed, which LJ found hilarious. I was panicked; it was a mouse, people! I called my grandma, I didn't know what to do. One of the perks of marriage is to have a man deal with this...unfortunately I do not have that luxury right now. I was so distraught I was actually considering going to the neighbor. After some encouragement over the phone I got the broom and dust pan. I mustered up the courage to move the couch. I moved it, and got up on the ottoman. I swept under the couch hoping it was dead. I was able to move it. Lo and behold, the supposed mouse was just one of LJ's toys. I was so relieved...and embarrassed too.
So after the "mouse" incident, I notice LJ is running a fever again. I worked on getting it down, but feared he would have a repeat ear infection if I didn't take him in. So the following morning I took him in. He ended up having an infection in his throat. He had to get three shots and antibiotics. The doctor commented on how strong he was being that he needed three nurses to hold him down when they were checking his ears and getting his shots. Sorry!
After dealing with a sick baby I felt overwhelmed. The housework, unpacking, the need to shop for groceries, endless diapers because of antibiotics, and a month's worth of mail were all weighing on my shoulders. Luckily, I got a huge pick-me-up. L was able to call me. I have not talked to him on the phone since he had left; it was much needed. He gave me a pep talk and I was starting to feel good again. Then the real trouble started.
Saturday night, I get LJ to bed. He is sleeping and I am talking to my grandma on the phone. All of a sudden the smoke detector upstairs goes off. I run upstairs. No smoke, no fire. I get the chair and climb up to turn off the detector. I press the button and am splashed with water. Water is pouring down from my ceiling. To cut a long story short, our air conditioner was leaking. So no air upstairs for two days! It is pretty much fixed now, just waiting on a few parts.
Thankfully I have supportive friends and family. Things are getting better and we are starting to used to being home. I enjoy having our space again, but I miss seeing everyone. I also miss Cali weather and environment (I forgot how many bugs, frogs, and lizards we have). This guy was on our porch and he would not move!
My little man helps me, too. He can test my patience, but he will always win me over with something cute. I can't imagine dealing with a deployment without him.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Been having a bad week....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment