A House Full Of Monkeys

A House Full Of Monkeys

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Say what?



LJ is learning more and more words each day. Here is a list of his regulars:

hi
bye
I'll help you
I'll help me (means will you help me?)
dog
thank you
movers (his favorite show it sounds like moo moo)
blues clues
boobie
KEYS!
night night
I give hug

Names like:
mommy
daddy
brock
jackie
anna
emma
papa
cooper
jess
brady
jackson

I have ....
cookie
cheese
apple
hot dog (he thinks mickey mouse is called hot dog because of a song)
purple
paper
book
be nice
owie
no
outside
shoes
pee pee
poo poo
oh oh
balloon
bubbles
waffle
ashes, ashes (from Ring around the rosies)

Keep in mind, he is 18 months. Some of the words are clear, but others of them take some time to figure out what he is trying to say. I love when he puts the words together to make a phrase. One of my favorites is, "Be nice." I usually say this to him after he has gotten in trouble for hitting or biting (yes, I am having to deal with biting right now). When I say it to him I point my finger to make a point. So now whenever he says be nice he points his finger, too. It makes me laugh every time.

Here is a pic of him saying cheese.

0 comments: