I am becoming more like a mom each day. Playdates always seemed like such a funny thing to me. Prior to LJ I wondered what they really were. I realize it is mostly for the parents, not the kids. You are able to let your kids do what they usually do:play. In the meantime, you try to have a conversation with adults (which sometimes seems to be a rarity). Your conversation is constantly interspresed with "No!", "Stop that!", "What's in your mouth?" , and "Where is my child?" but they are parents too so they understand.
Our playdate today was with two of my oldest and dearest friends and their children. We went to a park and it was a gorgeous day to do so. The kids were all over the place (much like our conversations), but we had a great time. A trip to the park with three ACTIVE one-year olds, a three-year old, and a four-year old can be very tiring. Luckily, my friend K took me to the mall for Nordstrom's coffee and shoe shopping. That topped off a perfect date!
Friday, July 10, 2009
Playdate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment