A House Full Of Monkeys

A House Full Of Monkeys

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

An email from L

Usually you get to read my side of the story, so here is a little clip of a recent update from L. I just cut bits and pieces (of course, I left the parts of him praising me) so if it doesn't flow well...this is a blog, it doesn't have to!

[Disclaimer: I wrote this over three days so it may be a little disconnected and random]

Hola! Hey everyone, just thought I would send a quick update to you guys. First off thanks for everything everyone has done for J, LJ, and I. The calls, emails, and messages checking up on us is appreciated. J has been doing an amazing job handling everything at home and keeping everyone updated with family news and events. My wife is an incredible woman doing what she does every single day. She continues her career teaching and then goes back to her full time job of being mom for LJ. I am blessed to have such a supportive wife, an understanding partner, a best friend, and devoted and loving mother for our children. She possess strength and courage that has no bounds. I can only smile and be happy as I see LJ take after her and reflect her personality and will.


The weather here is getting colder and it will be interesting to see how it goes. The river beds are almost dried out, the lake is looking empty, and there seem to be hundreds of stream beds along the desert floor that are waiting for a ton of water to be flowing through here sometime. We haven't seen any real rain here yet, but that water is going to come sooner or later. Being cold is fine, being wet is fine, being cold and wet will be miserable. I've been on the morning shift launching at about 4am, so it has been pretty damn cold.

Good news, we are on the backside of the deployment. I look forward to home... really anyone's home at this point in NC, CA, NV. Hope all is well and send me an email to know how everyone is doing. You may think its boring, but it is everyday things that keep me somewhere close to the loop.

So it is Veteran's Day and I hope some of you were able to enjoy a day off. If not, sorry, they didn't give me one either. Funny how that works. I would like to ask you to keep in your thoughts or prayers a friend of mine that was lost a few days ago. Earl R. Scott III died Nov. 8th in Iraq in a helicopter accident. Earl went through basic training, officer school, and through flight school with me. He selected OH-58Ds as I did in flight school and Earl's assignment took him to Hawaii. They recently deployed in August. He was a fellow scout pilot, Cavalryman, and a friend.
Earl, rest in peace brother and until we meet on Fiddler's Green. Scouts Out Front!

L

0 comments: