A House Full Of Monkeys

A House Full Of Monkeys

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Daddy's Home

I received a phone call Sunday night from L telling me that he would be making it home on my birthday. What could be a better present than that? I talked with LJ all day about Daddy, I wanted to be sure that he would remember who he was. He had been asking a lot about Dada, I think he missed him because we were unable to Skype for a few days.

Lucky for us we had a busy few days prior to L getting here. We had a birthday party, a baptism party, and we met friends at the park. That gave us one day to get everything ready. Tuesday we woke up early, got all ready, and headed to the airport. The airline allowed us to go to the gate to meet him. We watched out the window for the airplane to land. When it arrived, I positioned LJ to be visible to L as soon as he stepped into the airport.

L saw us right away. He kneelt down about ten feet from us, LJ looked up at me, back at L, up at me, and then ran to him. I was all choked up. It was a beautiful sight, my family was complete again.

0 comments: