A House Full Of Monkeys

A House Full Of Monkeys

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Counting down the days

First Day of School. LJ and Mommy eating breakfast


L will be coming home for his two week R & R very soon. I am so excited to be a complete family again (even if it is only for two weeks). We aren't planning any big trips, I think we are going to take LJ to the park and zoo. L's parents will be here for a week and we are thinking of going down to Myrtle Beach for a few nights with them. We'll see.

In the meantime, LJ and I are trying to keep busy in hopes that time will fly by. School has started again. I am still teaching 8th grade and am on the same team. I am actually excited because one of the new additions to the team is a girl my age. We get along really well, so I am loving it. Supposedly this was going to be the class from hell, but they actually have been really fun. They are a bit immature, but I'd rather have immature than the bitchy attitudes I had to put up with last year. (oops did I put that in writing?)

I am excited to be back at the same school, LJ was able to stay at the same daycare which was a blessing. He loves his new teacher and all his freedoms in the toddler room. He has had a few timeouts for biting, but recently he had gotten much better. Miss Holly always tells me I don't know how you are ever going to punish him, he is too cute. We are trying timeouts for bad behavior at home, but she is right it is a challenge.

This weekend we have been really busy. Saturday we had a birthday party at Monkey Joe's, an indoor inflatable playground. I was really impressed with how well behaved LJ was, especially without a nap. Today we are going to a baptism party and then we are meeting for a playdate at the park later this afternoon. Tomorrow will probably just be us getting ready for Daddy's arrival.

Here are some pics

LJ on a timeout


LJ eating cake and playing at the bday party

Oh, I almost forgot. LJ has been asking to use the potty. He has only made it once, and of course I documented the occasion with a pic. He will love me for it when he is older. He is by no menas potty trained, he is just asking so I am going with it.

0 comments: