A House Full Of Monkeys

A House Full Of Monkeys

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July Happenings


Since we have gotten home LJ has grown up so much. No more diapers! He is in chonies (underwear) 24-7. I had to take him to daycare one day while I attended a meeting, when we got home he said, "No diapers." Since then he has not worn diapers. He has had a few accidents, but he is doing so well. He even wears underwear to bed and wakes up dry. I am so proud of him.

LJ also has quite the imagination. If you sneak up and listen to him while he is playing, it is quite entertaining. He loves to find things that he can use as a rope so he can rescue people, it is so cute! He is singing more songs, "reading" books to me ( he remembers the book and recites it), sings his ABC's, and counts to 14. He is a ham, too. He loves to put on shows especially at bedtime. I will upload his naked rock video soon.

While there have beeen mayny positive changes, there is the evil side. He is becoming soooooo stubborn. Today I gave him a popsicle and told him he had to stay in the kitchen with it, and the little stinker tested me. He put his heels on the hardwood seeing if I would call him out on it. When we took the popsicle away, a full on fit ensued. This fit lasted quite some time. It wasn't until he was ready that he stopped. L says he gets that from me, but I think it is the other way around!

We have work to do as parents, discipline is so important. I just want to make sure that we are good parents for him, because he is an awesome kid and the love of our lives.


Happy Independence Day!

0 comments: