A House Full Of Monkeys

A House Full Of Monkeys

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Myrtle Beach, SC

There are perks to the Army, if you choose to take advantage of them.  One of these perks are the retreats they put on.  We have gone to a Strong Bonds retreat before, it focused on communicating with your spouse.  It is an all-expense paid trip to the beach, you have to attend a few workshops, but the rest of the time is for you and your family.  This retreat dealt with redeployment (L coming home).  It was informative and helpful AND it provided free childcare for FOUR HOURS!

We were fortunate to have some friends that went on the trip, too.  So I learned a lot, got to stay at the beach with my boys, and had free time.  I got to sit on the beach, talk to a friend uninterrupted, and enjoy a nice cocktail with the sand and water at my toes.   Ahhhhhh.

He LOVED the beach.  He spent hours karate chopping waves.

Watching big brother.  He had a good time, too.
Ahhhh.  Mommy time.

The unfortunate part was that I stayed in a hotel with my kids.  I'm sort of joking.  Hotels with kids are just not relaxing.  I had a baby in bed with me and ended up lying awake in bed at 8:30 so that the older one could go to sleep.  So while we had a good time, I was definitely ready to be home. 

0 comments: