A House Full Of Monkeys

A House Full Of Monkeys

Thursday, February 2, 2012

8 Months

Yup, we had to shave his head.  While we were in California, CJ got lice.  I caught it very early, but the only way we could be certain that it was all gone was by shaving his head.  It really was emotional cutting all of his hair off, and he even seemed to be of a different demeanor the first few days.  I felt like I had a whole new child.  Fortunately,he can pull it off and he still looks handsome. 

At 8 months CJ is still doing the same things.  He enjoys spending the morning playing with his brother, hanging out in his exersaucer, and talking to me very loudly.  Most afternoons we will spend watching LJ and the neighborhood boys play outside.  CJ likes to try and taste anything he can get his hands on (i.e. grass, dirt, bark, pine cones, etc).  While he is happiest in the morning, night time brings his favorite activity (oh, how I wish I could say sleep): BATH TIME!  CJ loves the bath.  He would spend an hour in the bathtub if I let him, he protests every night when I take him out.  He loves to splash and play with all the toy...I really need to get a video, but I can't take my eyes off him for a moment :)

Other happenings with CJ:
  • CJ is still not crawling, but he is trying.  He can scoot himself on his butt on the hardwood.  I put him down and miraculously he appears on the other side of the kitchen in a short period of time.
  •  His first tooth finally broke through this last week. 
  • If I catch him at the perfect time he can eat half a jar of baby food
  • He prefers finger foods
  • He does not sleep through the night
  • He has begun to throw fits
  • He grew out of his infant car seat
  • He is still smiley and super cute

0 comments: