A House Full Of Monkeys

A House Full Of Monkeys

Friday, June 10, 2011

Yup She's A Mom

I read a blog a few days ago titled "Seven Signs She is a New Mom,"  and I had to laugh because they were almost all true for me.  Here is my take on them:

  1. Yoga pants are my savior.  I am too small for my maternity clothes, but too big for my normal clothes.  I do not want to go out and buy an in between wardrobe...so yoga pants and stretchy tank tops are my everyday uniform.
  2. The no nonsense hairdo: a ponytail.  I am lucky if I get to brush my hair, therefore my hair is up everyday.
  3. No makeup- My daily beauty regiment is  brushing my teeth and if I am leaving the house putting moisturizer on ...and I am addicted to lip goo, so of course that too.
  4. Spit on the shoulder or down the back.  Yes, not only do I sport spit up on my clothes, but usually my pants have some sort of grime put there by LJ. Fortunately the only three places I frequent are the park, library, and Wal-Mart (and if you have ever seen the website www.peopleofwalmart you know I fit right in)
  5. Dark circles under the eyes- that is self explanatory
  6. Carrying a Venti Starbucks- now if there was a Starbucks on this side of town, that would definitely be me.  Fortunately L is saving a lot of money and I am just making it at home.  L knows that I will not function without that cup of caffeine.  
  7. Over eager look in the eye, hoping someone will talk to you.  Of all the reasons she posted this is the one I related to least.  I do miss adult conversation, but when I am out with the two boys I am more worried about making it through my trip than having someone talk to me.  Someone talking to me prolongs that outing which could result in a tantrum or a baby screaming to be fed.  My mission is to finish the trip in the quickest way possible.  
There you have it.  I am a mom and I am hoping that if the baby in the carrier did not give it away, that one of these signs will.  Hopefully before casting judgement on my tragic appearance you will understand and instead give me the "I remember those days" look.  :)

0 comments: