A House Full Of Monkeys

A House Full Of Monkeys

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Settling in

CJ has been home now for two weeks.  He eats like a champ and sleeps the day away.  He does well at night usually and will wake every three hours or so, which means I am able to get some sleep.

LJ has been an awesome big brother.  He is so helpful and loves to give his little brother kisses and hugs.  We were worried we might see some regression in regards to his potty training (as many parents warned us of this possibly happening), but we have not seen that.  LJ is no longer going to daycare, which has been a transition for him.  He likes being home with us, but I think he misses his friends and the constant stimulation.  We will be putting him in a part-time preschool in the Fall.

L is back to work and actually at a week long training...away from home (being a single-parent SUCKS).  He has been trying to finish up house projects before it gets beastly hot and humud.  He has also been an awesome dad.  While it is difficult for him to do a lot of the baby stuff he as been LJ's best friend.  They sword fight, play action figures, build towers, and read books.  I am so thankful they have such a close relationship, one of my favorite things is to watch the two of them play.  It brings me so much happiness to see the bond between them.


As for me, being a stay-at-home-mom has been a transition.  I love being here with my two boys, but I have no schedule right now...and that is maddening.  I know that getting into a routine will take some time; there is no such thing as a schedule with a newborn.  I'm sure this new "career" path will bring forth many adventures and challenges, but I am looking forward to them.  So many people have reassured me that despite the financial challenges and the day to day challenges (fighting a three year old and battling newborn poo) that SAHMotherhood is by far the most rewarding job one can take on.

0 comments: