A House Full Of Monkeys

A House Full Of Monkeys

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Joys of Parenting

Having LJ in our lives has been the best. He teaches us something new each day and definitely keeps us on our toes. It is amazing to experience the stages he goes through and see him grow into his BIG personality.

Some of our recent laughs at LJ's expense:
His first curse words were all on the same day. One was Mommy's fault and the other Daddy's.

We are leaving the house, at the front door, the alarm is setting and I realize I had forgottten LJ's cup. I say "$%it" Well, LJ's ritual when we leave the house is to say something really loud so he can hear his echo. He takes the word I had just said and repeats it loudly for the neighborhood to hear.

Another event:
Earlier today we were playing with Play-doh. We were making a snowman and he asked me to roll out a nose for the snowman, so I did. After I had made a carrot nose for the snowman he proceeded to put the nose on the bottom part of the snowman. I asked him why he put it there, he told me "that's his junk." Good stuff, he had to make sure that all knew this was a snowMAN.

And yet another:
LJ and I are a lot alike.. I see similarites and interests that we share already at such a young age. One of our common interests is reading. LJ loves books, and I love that he loves to "read."
One of my favorite things to do with LJ is to go to Barnes and Nobles and pick out books or to pore over the book orders that he gets from school. I love to find books that I read as a kid and share that with him.

One of the books that he likes that I liked as a kid, too is Big Dog, Little Dog. It is a book about opposites. On our way home from work, I always tell LJ that I am tired. He then tells me he is tired, too. Then he goes on to tell me that I should go upstairs and he should go downstairs (like the dogs do in the book). We go with a conversation and he will recite parts of the book to me. I think it is adorable!

There are so many stories and events that happen each day, and although some of them can test my patience I would not erase any one of those moments.

0 comments: