A House Full Of Monkeys

A House Full Of Monkeys

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

This Mother's Day was so wonderful. LJ and L made it extra special for me by spoiling me with attention and love.

Saturday night my husband seemed to be doing laundry at a rapid rate. I was wondering what was going on, but figured he was still washing uniforms or stuff from his "business trip." When I told him I was going to bed, he kind of whined and wanted me to wait for him. So I did, just thinking he wanted to spend more time with me. Finally, he was ready to go to bed. When we got upstairs he had our bed made with a new bedding set. Now for those of you that know me well, you know I love to sleep. Any bedding that makes my sleep more sound, I am all for. L picked out a soft, comfy sheet set that I LOVE!
The next morning, my dear husband let me sleep in, which is always a gift. When I woke up my boys brought me breakfast in bed. While we were eating, LJ kept singing Happy Birthday. When we told him it was Mother's Day and you say "Happy Mother's Day" I guess he assumed the Birthday song goes with that. LJ also gave me a card he made at school, he also told me I was a cool mom (the girls at school taught them to say that).
After breakfast we got ready and went to get some groceries and then on to the park. It was an absolutely gorgeous day to be at the park. We let LJ play and took some pictures. After we headed home for lunch and naptime. We had a cookout (that's a bbq in Southern terms) and enjoyed the beautiful weather.
LJ and I went upstairs and took a nap. I fell asleep to my little guy stroking my face, helping me to relax. What a sweetie. When we woke up L and I worked out and then grilled up dinner. It was one of the best days ever.

0 comments: