Many of you already know, but L is FINALLY home. After a year long deployment, my hunny is finally back.
We went to pick him up early Monday morning. We got up before 5 am, got ready and met a couple of the other families to drive together on post. When we got to the hangar, we hung out in eager anticipation for the arrival. A little before 7 we headed outside to watch the plane land, then we had to wait for them to go through customs. ugh. I headed inside the hangar with the little guy so that I could situate myself in a good place to stand in hopes that L would be able to see his 5 foot little wife and son. As they were marching in, I was peering through trying to find my husband among the 150 other soldiers. The feeling in the room was indescribable, looking around at all the other families I was already in tears.

When they stood at attention, I was able to spot my man. I got a wink from him and knew that he saw me too. I could see the emotion in his face and hated that I was going to have to sit through a speech before I was going to be able to run up to him and give him a hug.
After a few songs, a prayer, and a speech we were able to be with our Soldier for 15 minutes. I was standing on the bench and L came straight to us. I was in tears watching my husband and son reunite, it was one of the most awesome moments in my life.


So we are all together again and loving every minute of it. Although we are lucky to have L home there are many other families that are without their Soldiers. Please keep those people in mind and pray for the safe arrival of those soldiers, too. We love you all and appreciate all that you do for us. This year has been bumpy, and if it hadn't been for your support and prayers I know that things would have been a lot more difficult. Thank you!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
He's Here
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment