Earlier this month we took a trip up to Raleigh to hit up Costco and Trader Joe's. Every mom knows that an hour in the car and a few hours shopping requires an activity in order for your child to get some energy out. A friend of mine and her two daughters joined us on this outing. We did our shopping and then took the kids to the Natural Sciences museum. The kids had a good time...until it was well after nap time.
LJ is usually a pretty good kid. He whines and cries just like any other kid, but it is rare for him to throw a fit. Well, on a cold Saturday when the museum was hopping, LJ was in rare form. I had to put him in timeout at the museum for hitting me, and that is when it happened...A FULL ON TANTRUM. I went to a corner of the museum to get his coat on before taking him out to the car. Of course, there were nosy onlookers, one so annoying I had to ask her what she had a problem with.
When I finally got him out to the car he was screaming he wanted to go back. I just set him in the car and let him cry. He was overly tired, and within a few minutes he was out. I told my friend to enjoy time with her girls and when she got to the car, her two-year old was throwing a fit, too. That made me feel better, knowing that it is just a phase and not bad parenting.
Our three slept the whole way home, they were out so we even stopped for coffee adding a few minutes to their naps.
I am learning how important schedules are to kids. I know that I will need to plan trips and outings better next time.
Here are some pictures of our trip:
Monday, February 1, 2010
Trip to Raleigh
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment