This weekend we were on a Severe Weather Alert. Ice was threatening to knock out power lines, which would have been miserable. We ended up going to a friend's house for the weekend. She lives on-post and if we needed to go to a shelter I am sure the on-post one would have been much better than the ones in town.
We were fortunate that the weather was crummy, but never resulted in power loss. The three boys entertained each other and my friend and I kept each other sane. We made our way back home on Sunday. The roads were pretty icy, so we stayed home the rest of the day. I took Lucas out to play in the snow for a little bit. He loved the ice. I was freaking out because I did not want him to slip and hit his head, but he was laughing hysterically while slip sliding around.
He had a blast throwing snow at me and leaving foot prints in the snow. I always enjoy seeing him laugh and play, so overall we had a good day in the snow/ice.
To top the day off we had a movie night and cuddled up to watch Cars. I think he liked it.
Now February is here and we are hoping that this month's events will keep us busy enough to make it go by quickly. I am ready for my husband to be home. He has been gone long enough!
Monday, February 1, 2010
Ice Storm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment