A House Full Of Monkeys

A House Full Of Monkeys

Friday, May 18, 2012

Army Life

Recently a good friend of mine had to move.  Her time at Bragg had come to an end and her husband's career has taken her to a new post.  It really made me sad.  In the four years that we have been here at Bragg, I have lost a handful of friends.  I guess this is the Army way.

I just wanted to take a moment to let you all know a little bit about the military lifestyle.  It really is not like that show "Army Wives," the ladies I have met have become my family.  Because we are all separated from our real families, the people we surround ourselves with become our makeshift family.  We have cookouts, play dates, girls night outs, and dinner parties.  We celebrate holidays together and support each other in times of need.  We have been blessed with the men, women, and children that we have met in the last six years.  Although our families and friends are missed more and more each day, we are so thankful for the new people that have entered our lives. 

All the girls after M's birthday and A's farewell dinner

LJ and his best friend

J and the guys

0 comments: