A House Full Of Monkeys

A House Full Of Monkeys

Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Daredevil

LJ has a "Good Boy Jar"  at home.  Sometimes I feel like all I say is "No" or some type of negative comment, so I am trying to focus on the positives.  When he is a good listener or helper he gets a little puffy ball to put in his jar.  When he fills up his jar he gets to go to the store and pick a reward.  This first trip to the store he picked a skateboard.  He loves it and refers to how cool it is quite often.  Since we started the jar he has been talking about this skateboard, so of course when he got it he was pretty psyched.

He has been riding it most every day and he is getting pretty good (it has a little handle that can be removed when he gets more comfortable, so it is a lot like a scooter right now).

This morning we`had this conversation:

Me: What are you doing?
LJ: Taking my skateboard out back.
Me: You can't ride on the grass.
LJ: I'm not, I'm going to ride down the slide

I see trips to the hospital in my future :)

0 comments: