What have we been up to this month? Trying to get back into a work routine. With school starting and L back on a regular schedule it has been an adjustment for us all.
I am still teaching 8th grade at the same school. I had an interview with a DOD job, but it did not pan out. I am keeping positive, knowing that someday that option will work out for me. Fortunately, my students this year are really AWESOME. They are just overall nice kids. They make dropping my child off at daycare all day a tad easier.
LJ is doing really well. He loves going to school to be with his friends. I am very happy with his teachers this year, they are so good with the kids. The class is well managed and LJ is learning a lot. He sings Row, Row, Row Your Boat, Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes, Where is Thumkin, and his ABC's are so much better. They focus on one letter, a shape, and a number each week. I love to see what he is working on when I pick him up.
It is so much fun to experience the progress he makes and how quickly he learns. The other day he put his comb on the ground and he said, "It's kinda like a skateboard, momma" then he proceeded to stand on it like it was. At dinner last night he was looking at his place mat and said, "that's a hexagon!" and he was right. He is so smart (yes, I am that boastful mother)!
L is doing well, too. He has been busy at work again, and we have been experiencing a lot of change lately. The part of being an Army family that is difficult is the constant movement, while we meet new people and friends we see many go. One of my best girlfriends left with her family at the beginning of the summer, and now my workout partner is going to be leaving soon. Of course these two girls have the boys that LJ loves to play with. It is a bummer, hopefully someday we will get used to it.
All is well, we love you and miss you!
Saturday, September 25, 2010
September 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment